Newbury Orthodontic Centre is proud to be a long-standing member of the British Dental Association (BDA) Good Practice scheme. Celebrating our 13th year as part of this nationally recognised scheme, we remain committed to maintaining a consistent quality of service for our patients by working to agreed standards of good practice.
- Choice: We will work with you to provide orthodontic care that meets your needs and wishes and will explain different options and costs so that you can make an informed choice about your treatment. We will always tell you what we are proposing to do and inform you about any significant risks of treatment.
- Safety: Infection control and cleanliness are essential for the safety of our patients. All members of our team receive training in the current standards of infection control. We also aim to look after your general health and safety while you are at the practice. We will ask you about your general health and any medicines that you are taking. All information about you will be kept strictly confidential.
- Training: All practice staff take part in continuing professional development to keep their skills and knowledge up to date. We also have management systems to help us define each team member’s responsibilities when looking after you.
- Review: All new members of the team have a comprehensive induction and are trained in our practice procedures. We hold regular practice meetings to review our procedures for looking after our patients and once a year we review individual training needs for everyone in the practice.
- Feedback: We ask our patients for their views on our services and have systems for dealing with feedback to identify any opportunities for improvement.
Excellent communication between us and our patients is at the heart of good practice. So please do get in touch we with us if you need any further information about our services or ask a member of staff.